Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Year in Review - Part 2

Even though we have already finished 2013, I do want to finish with my review of the second part of the year. I had intended to get it posted yesterday, so it would not seem like I was too far behind, but then I just didn't have the time. My husband and I were taping and priming our dining room so that we could start painting today. As we still don't have a table or anything for the room, we waited a bit longer to get it painted. Anyway, here is the second half of our 2013:

JULY:
July started with us adopting this little one from the shelter. We were about to move into our house, which has a great backyard, and decided it would be the perfect time to add a furbaby to our family. So Sirius came home with us, and we fell in love with him instantly. He's the sweetest little guy!


Then came one of the biggest events of our 2013, we moved into our first house. While we closed on everything in June, we waited a month until mid July in order to move in so that we could have some time to paint, and because our time was not up in the apartment and we did not want to pay too long without actually living there.

My brother, his wife, Michael, and I did the Run or Dye run during the summer as well. It was fairly hot, as it was summer in Texas, but it was also a complete blast. We weren't sure what to expect since we had not done it before, but we all had a great time!

At the end of the month, my cheerleaders attended their summer camp in order to learn their routines and things for the rest of the year. It was not fun at all for ME, but I do believe that the girls had a good time. This was in the midst of interviewing for new schools, so the whole time was pretty stressful for me.

AUGUST:
In the beginning of the month, one of my best friends from middle school asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding next year. And, of course, I was thrilled to say yes! I am excited that TWO of my best friends from middle school and on are getting married in 2015. I can tell it will be a busy year!

Also this month, my brother and his fiance (now wife) had their wedding shower, and it was really nice. Instead of doing a unity candle, they decided to do a personalized glass, made out of sand they got to put together. They allowed all of their guests to put some sand in the jars, and that was a neat addition.

Also in August, before I had to start another school year, we had a housewarming party in order to have all of our friends and family out to see our new house. It's about an hour away for most people, so it was great to have so many people that we care about all out together at the same time.

SEPTEMBER:
 At the beginning of September, we traveled back home to Iowa in order to attend a family reunion on my dad's side. While we were there, we saw quite a bit of family on both sides, though. It had been awhile since we had all been back, so we were excited to see all of the old places and sites. It was a lot of fun. 

In the middle of September, Michael celebrated his 24th birthday. He asked for a cookie cake, so I had to go around to several different places before I was able to find one. My brother and his wife came over to our house in order to help celebrate. 

At the end of September, we celebrated one year of being married. I couldn't believe that a year had passed so quickly, but I guess it's amazing how time flies by, especially as you get older. We had a lot of fun going to a place where we could bowl, mini golf, and play arcade games. It was nice to have a day just focused on us. 

The rest of the year was not full of many exciting things. In October we celebrated the first Halloween in our new home, and had plenty of trick-or-treaters. In November I took a trip to New York to visit a friend (this will most likely be a separate post) and we celebrated Thanksgiving with both families, as always. Christmas time was full of celebrating, and then before we knew it, it was New Year's Eve. Needless to say, it was a pretty great year. Here's to hoping 2014 is even better. :] 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment