Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Around Here [1]

AROUND HERE...


This week was all about me going back to work, and saying goodbye to summer break. Since I'm working in a new district this year, I had to attend new teacher orientation, and it was quite long. A lot of it was stuff I already knew (as I am not a brand new teacher like some were), so it made it a bit more difficult to patiently sit through some very long sessions.


One plus was that I got to start working on some outfits for work. I've been able to pick up a few new clothing pieces here and there, so it will be fun to start styling them as I get back into the swing of things. I found this top at Plato's Closet for about $5. If you have one of these near you, I recommend checking it out. You can find very nice pieces for not much money. Win win. 


Wednesday I got to spend half of the day at my own campus where I met my mentor plus some other great teachers for my school. They even made us this cute little gift basket that included some nice desk essentials - post-it notes, pens, highlighters, paper clips, and what not. It was very sweet, and I really don't even want to take it apart!

Thursday was all about getting my hair cut (see two pics above for a before picture). I had grown it long over two years ago and kept it that way. While I love long hair, my hair gets super thin when it's long, and it just didn't look too good anymore. I decided to go with something new, and it looks so much healthier this way. It's already so much easier to take care of, so I'm enjoying that as well!

Other than that, my week was not too exciting. This next week is all staff development again, but I hope that it will not be too long. I will also try to come up with some more interesting content to share at this blog! I know it's been a little slow, but I'm working on it. To leave you for now, here is a picture of my adorable niece!


Happy Sunday! :] 


No comments:

Post a Comment